The versatile C214 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from AKG is designed to record lead vocals, drums, acoustic instruments & guitar amplifiers, in the studio, on stage or in broadcasting situations. Conceived as a cost-effective alternative to the renowned C414 microphone, this microphone uses the same 1″ capsule but in a single-diaphragm and cardioid-only configuration.
The transducer features Edge-Terminated Back-Plate technology that allows the membrane to vibrate freely, resulting in a wide frequency range and detailed transients, even at high sound-pressure levels. With the additions of a switchable 20 dB pad and a low-cut filter, the C214 is well-suited for close-miking applications. The low-noise electronic circuitry provides high sensitivity and can handle SPL up to 156 dB, adding up to a dynamic range of 143 dB.
The C214 is a rugged microphone built to withstand the severities of professional studios or the road. The integrated capsule suspension helps reduce mechanical noise and resonance for a cleaner sound. The die-cast metal body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish features a double-mesh grille which protects the capsule and ensures efficient rejection of RF interference without affecting acoustics. The C214 comes with a metal carrying case, a foam windscreen and a spider-type shockmount.
– 1″ large diaphragm with Edge-Terminated Back-Plate technology
– 143 dB dynamic range (up to 156 dB SPL)
– Switchable 20 dB pad and 160 Hz low-cut filter
– Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
– Rugged double-mesh grille for RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
– Spider-type shockmount, windscreen and metal carrying case included
– All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
– Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria