The Audio-Technica AT4033a is a cardioid studio condenser microphone designed for full-range reproduction of vocals and various instruments for audio engineers, musicians, and hobbyists in recording facilities, project studios, and home setups. The 2-micron, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm is pre-aged to stay sonically consistent over time. Transformerless circuitry minimizes low-end breakup and contributes to enhanced transient response. Additionally, the precision-machined acoustic baffle yields increased stability.
The capsule assembly’s floating construction lessens vibration and a switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter offers at-the-source reduction of rumble and low-frequency buildup. The AT4033a boasts a wide frequency response of 30 Hz to 20 kHz and a high maximum SPL of 145 dB (155 dB with the -10 dB pad engaged). It ships with a custom shockmount and protective case.
– Cardioid polar pattern for directional focus and rejection of off-axis sounds
– High maximum SPL of 145 dB (155 db SPL with -10 dB pad engaged)
– Transformerless circuitry minimizes low-frequency distortion and provides enhanced correlation of high-speed transients
– Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
– The 2-micron, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm undergoes a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
– Floating-construction capsule assembly provides isolation from noise and vibration
– Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
– Surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with Audio-Technica’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
– Custom shockmount provides superior isolation
Microphone Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Diaphragm Size: 0.45″ (11.5mm)
Frequency Response: 30Hz-20kHz
Output Impedance: 100 ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio: 77dB
Self Noise: 17dB
Low Cut Filter: 80Hz (-12dB/octave)
Weight: 0.84 lbs.
Included Accessories: Shock Mount, Dust Cover, Carry Case