With its smooth on-axis tone, great off-axis rejection, and straightforward operation, the Audio-Technica AT875R short shotgun microphone is well suited for budget-conscious indie films, TV shoots, nature recording, and documentary projects where simplicity and quality sound are prioritized.
The AT875R’s high sensitivity allows it to perform reliably with a variety of microphone preamp classes. Its full-spectrum frequency response utilizes a gentle increase in high frequencies to enhance intelligibility and compensate for loss in clarity resulting from wind protection.
The durable housing ensures rugged dependability while maintaining a light weight that won’t burden your boompole or camera, and the included accessories accommodate mounting the AT875R to a mic stand, boompole, or camera-mount microphone holder.
– Compact shotgun condenser that’s custom-made for video and broadcast
– Mounts effortlessly on a DV camcorder without weighing it down
– Pairs well with compact digital cameras
– Supplies the narrow acceptance angle that’s necessary for long-distance sound pickup
– Offers a smooth, natural-sounding on-axis response and impressive off-axis rejection
– Tailored response minimizes camera and handling noise.
– Includes a mic clip, mic stand adapter, windscreen, and protective pouch