Audioarts Lightning strikes that perfect balance between analog and digital. It combines the best in a standalone console with the latest in modern conveniences such as USB and Bluetooth® connectivity.
Lightning comes in 12- or 16-channel tabletop configurations and has a modular design with four channel input panels, and a Master/Monitor panel with linear faders for headphone and control room level control. All faders are conductive plastic and all switches are LED illuminated. Input channels have A/B source selection, with balanced line in for the A source and trimmable -10 to +4 line in on B. Standard features include four stereo program busses, two auto mix-minuses for call-ins, four mic preamps with variable gain trim and switchable +48V phantom power, plus built-in headphone jack and CUE speaker amplifiers. Additional four channel mic preamp cards can be fitted if needed.
Lightning is designed for studios that have mostly microphone or analog source inputs, and where a lot of studio routing isn’t required. It doesn’t have the extensive A/D, D/A conversions of a typical digital board, yet you have access to editing software, Skype or other external sources through USB and Bluetooth. USB and Bluetooth onboard connectivity is useful for playing audio directly from a PC or to output audio to edit in VoxPro or other recording software, as well as receive and record calls from Bluetooth enabled cellphones or play cuts from MP3 players.
The console also contains a patchable AES input for connecting a digital source to any fader, and built-in A/D conversion for the main program output so operators can access the Program Air feed as balanced analog, AES3 digital, or both simultaneously. While it looks and feels like its Wheatstone cousins, this digitally-enabled analog console operates as a full standalone board.
– Mainframes can be loaded with 12 or 16 inputs and always include two phone channels for trouble-free remotes and call-ins
– Two USB inputs/outputs
– Bluetooth connectivity
– AES input for connecting a digital source to any fader
– Three VU meter pairs—PGM 1 & 2 plus SWITCHED
– Four stereo program busses with balanced outputs (switchable stereo or mono mode)
– Four high performance mic preamps with +48V phantom power and variable gain trims to precisely match your microphones (with the option to add additional four-preamp modules)
– Electronic switching
– LED illumination
– Compact tabletop-mount frame
– Built-in cue speaker can automatically interrupt your main stereo monitors
– Split cue
– Headphone jack with built-in amplifier
– Built-in A/D conversion for digital or analog program out
– Two external inputs feed the monitor section (for live or pre-delay air monitoring)
– RJ-45 connectors for low-cost wiring
– Balanced or unbalanced inputs/outputs for consumer or professional grade equipment
14 Input Faders – 4 Microphone Input Channels, 8 Stereo Input Channels, 2 Phone channels with Mix-Minus feed, 1 USB Input Channel, 4 Stereo Program Busses, Control Room, Headphone, & Studio Monitor feeds, Selectable Control Room Monitor muting logic, 2 Large VU meter pairs with peak indicators, Internal Cue Speaker and On-Air tally display, RJ-45 connectors for low cost wiring.
Power Supply and Operation & Installation Manual included.