The ASI6720 and ASI6722 are professional low profile PCI-Express sound cards designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
Providing up to 6 play streams that are mixed to 2 balanced stereo outputs and 4 record streams fed from 2 balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6720 and ASI6722 feature AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6722 provides both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The ASI6720 provides balanced analog inputs and outputs only. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6720 and ASI6722 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
– 4 or 6 stereo/mono streams of playback into 2 stereo outputs
– 4 stereo or 8 mono streams of record from 2 stereo inputs
– PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
– MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
– TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%
– Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
– 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB DNR and 0.0015% THD+N
– AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs (ASI6722 only)
– Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input (ASI6722 only)
– Low profile short length PCI(e) card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
– Up to 8 cards in one system
– Windows and Linux software drivers available