The Store&Play application supports audio distribution via IP networks when a fast or reliable connection is not guaranteed. In a Store&Play application setup, the playlist is stored on a FTP or HTTP server, containing background music, voice announcements, and the according scheduling information. By polling the server, the device downloads that information in regular intervals. Three audio sources can be configured: internal memory, USB stick, or Internet Radio with a buffer time of up to one minute. Whenever the audio stream is interrupted, a priority list switches to the next configured source.
Store&Play firmware supports Barix Barimon subscription based service for centralized monitoring. Store&Play is the safe solution from Barix to ensure consistent audio playback.
– Local Storage and playback of music, messages and ads (MP3, AAC+ and M3U files)
– Contents (audio files, playlists and config file) are remotely updated via HTTP and FTP (periodically or during a restricted time slot)
– Update playlists remotely and set them to play on a schedule
– Playback of HTTP and RTP audio streams
– Schedule-based playback of playlist/messages/streams
– The device contains 8GB microSD and supports up to 32GB USB sticks
– Supports a hundred playlists and 10’000 audio tracks
– Fallback Configuration Server settings in case of broken or missing configuration
– Professional service monitoring via logs on web UI, Barimon and Syslog