Dragonfly’s superbly detailed sound comes from its silky and extended high end, contoured midrange and enhanced low end. These three tonal aspects make the Dragonfly microphone uniquely suited for tracking vocals, acoustic guitar, drum overheads and other high-frequency instruments. Dragonfly also excels in recording difficult sound sources like brass and woodwinds.
Years of evolution—and meticulous design—resulted in Dragonfly’s unique rotating head. Simply turn the head to experiment with mic placement, make adjustments on the fly, and record in all the spots you’ve never been able to reach with traditional mics.
Here are some examples:
– Rotate the capsule between the 12th fret and sound hole of an acoustic guitar to dial in perfectly balanced sound
– Find the sweet spot of drums, percussion or any instrument in seconds
– Set perfect playing positions for brass, woodwind and orchestral instruments
Dragonfly is precision-designed and hand-assembled in the USA for a lifetime of use, and carries on our heritage of design innovation and dedication to premium sound. It features a finely tuned pressure-gradient single-membrane large diaphragm capsule and rotating head for precise mic placement and sound quality. And its IC free signal path and discreet circuitry keep your tone clear and detailed.
The world’s top artists and studios rely on Blue microphones to capture their sound. Every mic we make carries our heritage of premium studio-quality audio and inspiring design and performance. Dragonfly brings the highest standard of quality to your music—all at an affordable price.
– Innovative rotating head for precise mic placement
– Large-diaphragm capsule for tracking vocals and extended range instruments
– Superbly detailed sonic signature and enhanced frequency response
– Custom shockmount and wood storage box
– Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
– Polar Patterns: Cardioid
– Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20 kHz
– Sensitivity: 21.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL)
– Output Impedance: 50Ω
– Rate Load Impedance: Not less than 1 kΩ
– Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD)
– S/N Ratio: 85dB-A (IEC 651)
– Noise Level: 8.0 dB-A (IEC 651)
– Dynamic Range: 132dB (@2.5kΩ)
– Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power(IEC 268-15)
– Weight: 980g
– Dimensions: 260mm x 35mm