The Broadcast Tools AES Silence Sentinel Standard is designed to monitor an AES/EBU digital audio signal for silence or an out of phase audio condition, generate alarms and transparently switch to a back-up AES/EBU audio source. Signal bypass is built-in with AES input one passively routing to the AES output in the event of power loss. Integrated digital to analog converter with balanced stereo and headphone outputs.
Additional features include: front panel controls, XLR AES input and output jacks, remote control inputs and status outputs; plug-in euro-block screw terminals; dipswitch selection of silence detection of -20, -25, -30 and -35db below zero reference; precise alarm timing delay from off to 85 minutes; precise restore timing delay from off to 21 minutes. The AES Silence Sentinel Standard may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to two units in 1-RU.
– AES/EBU program switcher with front panel input selection switches and indicator LEDs.
– Front panel Manual/Automatic switch with front panel LED, remote input and open collector status output.
– Integrated digital to analog converter with balanced stereo and headphone outputs.
– Audio silence sensor.
– Dipswitch selection of silence detection threshold of -20, -25, -30 and -35dB below zero dBu reference.
– Stereo LED audio level display.
– External Ext alarm trigger input with front panel LED indicator.
– Front Panel Power/Heartbeat LED.
– Dipswitch selection of reverse polarity (out of phase) detection.
– Dipswitch selection of alarm time delay from OFF to 8 minutes, 30 seconds in 2 second increments or 85 minutes in 20 second increments.
– Dipswitch selection of restore timing delay from OFF to 21 minutes in 20 second increments.
– Two independent SPDT alarm relays and LED indicators.
– Two pulse open collector alarm outputs.
– Logic functions via microprocessor and non-volatile memory.
– Plug-in euro-block screw terminals, mating plugs supplied.
– Fully RFI proofed.
– Surge protected internal power supply, PS-1515 universal switching +/-15VDC power supply with domestic connectors supplied.
– International AC connectors optional.
– Each unit may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or rack-mounted with the optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to two units in 1-RU.