The Comrex Studio Telephone Access Center (STAC) puts you in control of your talk shows, call-ins and phoners with great sound, ease of operation and a scalable configuration. STAC incorporates a pair of Comrex high-performance digital hybrids with automatic audio level control. The result is the most natural sounding telephone audio, even when conferencing multiple callers. A compact, rack-mounting mainframe houses the hybrids, the multi-line controller and all telephone and audio connections. The STAC6 is a 6-line system; the STAC12 12-line system is also available separately.
Call screening and control are available from any networked computer, using a standard web browser, with the included STAC IP. With STAC IP, your talent can host their shows from anywhere there is an Internet connection or you can economically create more control points from any computer on your local network. No additional computer is needed to serve the STAC IP webpage, as it is served from the main STAC unit. Your connections are secured by password protection and no dedicated client software needs to be installed. In addition to replicating the call status information on the control surfaces, STAC IP also provides fields for additional information about callers and text “chat” among those on your show network.
Innovative features include an Auto Attendant that automatically answers incoming callers with your custom message and puts them on hold; dedicated control surface buttons to designate the next caller to be placed on air and to activate an external recorder or delay; and program-on-hold audio. The STAC12 mainframe and control surface are configured for 12 phone lines, while the STAC6 is configured for six lines. Expanding a STAC6 to a STAC12 in the field is quickly accomplished by installing a mainframe extension card and control surface “sidecars”.
• Dual, high performance digital hybrids for reliable, natural sounding caller audio
• Studio/Producer Mode provides caller management, and Screener Mode simplifies screening and queuing
• Configured for six phone lines, with easy field expansion
• A standard web browser can be used on any locally networked or Internet connected computer for call screening and control
• Auto Attendant that automatically answers incoming callers with your custom message and puts them on hold
• dedicated buttons designate next caller on air and activate an external recorder or delay
• Selectable auto-disconnect of calls terminated by caller
• Selectable automatic gain control for consistent levels on-air
• Front panel features three bicolor LEDs indicating level status of audio input and hybrid levels.
• Software is field upgradable via compact flash port
• One control surface is included with purchase of mainframe. Additional control surfaces, up to four per system, may be added at any time. STAC6 control surfaces can be upgraded to STAC12 in the field.
• Clean, logical design allows functions to be mastered quickly. Dedicated buttons, with associated multicolor LEDs, minimize the number of button presses and make it easy to determine status of phone lines and callers.
• Uses standard Cat-5 wiring to link the control surfaces to the mainframe. No proprietary cabling or additional power source required for control surface connection.
• XLR female Send input; XLR male Caller 1 and 2 outputs
• Two x RJ-45 connectors per six phone lines: POTS line, analog extension from a PBX or dry line
• Null send-to-caller separation – 55 dB nominal; tail time: 32 milliseconds
• Mix-Minus caller-to-send separation: 50 dB nominal; Tail time: 32 milliseconds
• Internal supply: Auto Adjusting 100/240 VAC 50/60 Hz
• Dimensions: 19″ W x 11.5″ D x 3.5″ H (48.26 cm x 29.21 cm x 8.89 cm)
• Weight: 12.5 lb (5.75 kg)
• Rear panel dip switch adjustments
• Handset level boost and mode selection
• Two stereo mini headphone jacks
• Aux control output—DB-9: Selectable as momentary or latching signal
• STAC 6 control surface: 10″W x 7″D x 3.25″H; 2.2 lbs