The Conex CS-25B is a tone sensor designed to detect sub-audible 25 Hz cue tones recorded on tape.
These tones are detectable in the presence of music or other program material recorded on the same track, provided the program audio has been pre-filtered to eliminate frequency components in the 25 Hz region. The sensor is intended for use in broadcast automation systems where the 25 Hz tones are used to signal the system of the end of a recorded program selection. Typically, the beginning of the tone causes the system to switch to the next programmed “event”, and the end of the tone causes the associated tape deck to stop. This scheme allows any degree of overlap between successive selections.
To accommodate some pre-recorded tape formats which include a period of silence between the end of a tone and the beginning of the next selection, an adjustable delay is provided from the end of tone to the actuation of the stop relay. The CS-25B has been designed in a modular format to allow for easy expansion. A typical unit will consist of a PS-3 power supply, DS-25 dual sensor, and a HPF high-pass filter all installed in the AS-95 Auxiliary chassis. The unit has been designed to add either more tone sensor modules or high-pass filter modules or both.
The minimal configuration of the CS-25B would include one PS-3 power supply module and one DS-25 dual sensor.
- Double-pole double-throw relay contacts which are actuated for the duration of the 25 Hz tone.
- Single-pole double-throw relay contacts which are actuated for approximately 0.5 seconds at the end of the tone, or at the end of an adjustable “stop delay” at the end of the tone.
- Front panel stop-delay adjustment from 0 – 4 seconds
- Indicator lights on the front panel ( one for each channel) to show the presence of a tone
- Separate open-collector logic outputs actuated for the duration of the tone to allow easy interfacing to various types of external circuitry.
- Plug in IC’s and relays.
- Front panel tone sensitivity adjustments to allow proper operation with a variety of tape decks and operation levels. self-contained unit
- Front panel controls for level setting and switches to disable sensing
- One or both channels of the DS25 dual sensor can be configured for 35 Hz (or some other frequency) operation.
- All IC’s and relays plug in for easy maintenance The CS-25B sensor provides a simple, economical method for sensing tones from satellite systems, reel-to-reel tape machines, etc.
The CS-25B is based on a modular concept that allows you to build a sensor system that exactly meets your needs. The modules that are currently available for the CS-25B include:
- DS-25 dual sensor module (can be configured for 35 Hz)
- HPF25 high pass filter
- PS3 power supply
- DTA dual tone adaptor (used to detect 25 Hz, 35 Hz and 25/35 Hz) MODEL: Conex CS-25B-10 Dual 25 Hz Sensor