System integrators and installers in search of a digital speaker processor with six inputs and four outputs will be thrilled with the ZonePRO 641 from dbx, a digital zone processor that’s well suited for installation in restaurants, fitness centers, retail stores, nightclubs, and any other situation that requires multiple-zone control of audio sources with paging features. The ZonePRO 641 has no front-panel control and requires a computer for initial setup.
The processor provides two balanced inputs on Euroblock terminals that are selectable as line or microphone level (with phantom power), along with four pairs of analog RCA line inputs, with each pair internally summed to mono. Outputs are available via Euroblock terminals and can be configured as either stereo or mono. A DB-9 connector is located on the front panel for connecting to a computer.
– Six-channel input, four-output zone processor
– Processing blocks available on both inputs and outputs
– Up to four zones can receive independent audio sources, with paging priority
– Local zone control is available utilizing the optional ZC series of wall-mounted controllers (sold separately)
– Microphone input can have AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) inserted with fixed or live filter response
– AutoWarmth module provides a bass boost to low-level signals
– AGC (Automatic Gain Control) maintains even levels
– Other dynamic DSP includes compression, limiting, noise gating, and ducking
– Includes band-pass and crossover filters, notch filtering, and parametric EQ
– Security lockout
– Computer control via RS-232
– An analog input bus allows inputs from one unit to be sent to another unit for application scalability