The DASDEC-II from Digital Alert Systems (DAS) is the latest generation of emergency messaging technology available. Developed by people with over 20 years in the EAS business Digital Alert Systems knows what broadcasters need when it comes to EAS equipment – make it simple, make it reliable, and make it affordable.
The original DASDEC set the standard with its integrated receivers, advanced hardware interfaces, simple software upgrades, and network-based design. The DASDEC-II improves on this platform by leveraging common information exchange protocols and offering the on broadest range of physical connections and 3rd-party interfaces in the industry. And the DASDEC-II is designed with the future in mind, so when the inevitable change happens you’re prepared with a host of additional hardware and software options.
Here are some examples:
– Use any standard web-browser on PC’s, Mac’s, even Smartphones1 – to view, change or activate DASDEC functions – anywhere, over an IP network. No special software, steep learning curves, or IT support.
– With its optional three internal receivers2 , the DASDEC-II can monitor any standard AM/ FM/WX frequency, on any individual receiver with band selection, tuning, level adjustment and even live audio monitoring over the network.
– EAS alert details are presented on an integrated NTSC character generator3 screen, or connect the DASDEC to a wide range of other 3rd-party CGs for crawling text overlays or automation control.
– An internal MPEG encoder option presents EAS text and audio for direct insertion into digital broadcast streams saving money and complexity over any external MPEG encodersystem.
– Integrated stereo analog and digital (AES) audio switching with fail-safe bypass to pass signals unimpeded in the event of power failure.
– Four independent Ethernet network connections (speeds up to 1Gb4 ) more effectively manage access and firewalls across domains without complex bridges or modifying existing network equipment
– EAS-Net software offers comprehensive EAS data and audio communication between DASDEC and other EAS-Net compatible devices
– Be first with breaking news – DASDEC’s unique and powerful software architecture allows multiple users to monitor the situation in real-time, not waiting for paper printing, or reading a small scrolling display. Everyone with access can see alerts as they’re happening — SIMULTANEOUSLY. That’s right, all at the same time. And because you can see the information without special software or displays, the number of users is virtually limitless.
– Web-browser user interface with tiered security – no special software, hardware, or IT support
– Architecture supports simultaneous monitoring by all users
– Dual language support
– Stereo analog and digital audio (AES) switching with fail-safe bypass
– Clock locked to atomic reference assuring continuous accuracy
– Stores 1000’s of events – with audio – in non-volatile memory
– EAS-NetTM compatible for exchanging EAS data and audio
– MultiStationTM option – One DASDEC replaces 5 separate endecs
– CAP – Common Alerting Protocol software option
– Up to 4 independent Ethernet ports – enhances network performance
– Internal triple tri-band (AM/FM/WX) high performance receiver option fully adjustable via user interface
– Internal MPEG encoding option – direct intertion into digital broadcast streams