The R194 is an eight channel on-screen composite video text character generator that can overlay characters onto program video during EAS alerts. Alert audio also replaces program audio for each channel. Video loop-thru connections are all BNC type. Audio loop-thru connections are all pluggable screw terminals. Control is by standard RS-232 signaling using DB9 type connectors. Up to 32 R194’s can be daisy-chained together to allow EAS service to as many as 255 individual analog channels from a single DAS EAS controller.
During EAS alerts, data, audio trigger, and audio inputs received from the R189SE One-Net™ are used to automatically create a videotext message and override audio signals. When activated, the EAS videotext and audio signals are passed to the system’s distribution equipment. At the conclusion of an alert, the unit returns to normal function.
– Video In (1V p-p 75W) BNC
– Video Out (1V p-p 75W) BNC
EAS Audio Interface:
– EAS Audio In Stereo (600W Bal.)
– 5 pin terminal strip
– EAS Audio Out Stereo (600W Bal.)
– 5pin terminal strip
– Shorting these terminals switches from program audio to EAS audio
– 2 pin terminal strip
Connections to the R189 One-Net:
– RS232 data Control in connector
– Baseband audio 5 pin terminal strip
– EAS audio trigger 2 pin terminal strip
Control In: RS232 data 9 pin “D” connector from R189 One-Net
Control Out: RS232 data 9 pin “D” connector to next R194 in the chain.
Master/Slave Select Switch
– Input 120VAC @ .8amps max
– Output +12VDC @ .125 amps
– 2 Pin terminal strip
Physical Size: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 5.0” D (1RU)
Weight: 4 lbs