Digital Alert Systems’ Model R197A and Model R197AV products provide four (4) independent balanced stereo audio (197A) or balanced stereo audio and video/RF (R197AV) switches in a single 1 RU frame.
Each of the four independent relay channels contains a 2 x 1 (A/B) balanced stereo audio relay switch and a single-pole double-throw dry contact relay. The Model 197AV also includes a 2 x 1 (A/B) video/RF switch with fl at frequency response from DC to 1GHz.
Each independent relay channel is controllable by individual contact closures pulled to ground or a TCP/IP (Ethernet) LAN interface enabling each channel to be controlled locally or remotely over any TCP/IP network.
Using local General Purpose Input devices such as a Monroe Electronics Timer or host of other similar DEVICES the R197A/R197AV can switch program audio/video to alternate channels for blackout switching, program isolation, or multichannel EAS program switching1.
Over a network connection a Digital Alert Systems One-Net™or DASDEC™ can directly control EAS audio and other switching devices by each relay channel. Network settings are easy using any standard web browser and the built-in web server confi guration page. No special software or cables are necessary.
The R197A/R197AV is conveniently powered by a single wall-mounted power supply (included). A secondary (diode-isolated) power input is provided to accommodate an optional redundant wall-mounted power supply.
– Four (4) independent balanced stereo audio switches – R197A
– Four (4) independent balanced stereo audio and Video/RF switches – R197AV Only
– Separate dry contact form “C” relay for each channel
– Independent Relay channel activation by contact closure or network
– Front panel status indicators when relay(s) are “active”
– Detachable Screw Terminals for all audio, relay and power connections
– Low power/ ground control inputs
– Optional redundant power supplies (part number 427)
– Direct network control by One-Net / One-NetSE / DASDEC™
– Single rack-mounted chassis with all connections on rear panel
Analog Audio Inputs (per Relay channel): Separate right and left balanced stereo audio Normally Closed (NC) Normally Open (NO) and Common (COM)
Outputs (varies by configuration settings): One-pair (1) L & R balanced 600 ohm stereo audio (Master Input) female XLR
– Connections by detachable screw terminal strip 9-pin detachable terminal strip per channel
Audio Isolation: >90 dB
Attenuation: 22 dbmv
Frequency Response: 0 to 1GHz