A true cardioid microphone, the RE20 offers greatest rejection at 180º off-axis — directly to the rear of the microphone. Pattern control is so consistent that the frequency response is nearly independent of angular location of the sound source, creating virtually no off-axis coloration, yet providing the greatest possible rejection of unwanted sounds.
An integral blast and wind filter covers each acoustic opening on the RE20. In recording sessions or onstage, singers can “close talk” the microphone, singing with their lips almost touching the grille screen with no worry of “P-pops” or excessive sibilance. Part of the filter also shockmounts the internal microphone element, reducing the transfer of vibrations from external sources.
– The top industry-standard broadcast microphone for decades
– Variable-D technology minimizes proximity effect for smooth and consistent sound
– Finely engineered cardioid polar pattern provides 180º of off-axis rejection, with no coloration
– Voice tailored frequency response brings out rich fundamental and chest voice
– Large diaphragm delivers condenser-like sensitivity and response
– Humbucking coil further reduces noise from poor grounding
– Bass roll-off switch makes it easy to rein in low frequencies
Microphone Type: Dynamic
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 45Hz-18kHz
Output Impedance: 150 ohms
Dimensions: 8.53″ x 2.14″
Weight: 1.62 lbs.
Included Accessories: Stand Mount, Carry Case