The RE320 Variable-D Dynamic Vocal and Instrument Microphone from Electro-Voice features a neodymium element, sensitivity, and frequency response well suited to handle the gamut of recording applications.
Electro-Voice’s Variable-D tonal response aides in combating the proximity effect as well as create an even tonal response at 180° of the capsule making it suitable for capturing a wide variety of vocal and instrument sources. Its neodymium capsule handles high SPL levels making it great at capturing transient signals from amplifier cabinets, percussion instruments, horns, loud vocals, and more.
In addition, the microphone features a kick drum curve switch, which automatically adjusts for the frequency response of kick drums. The RE320 ships with a hard case.
– Maximum versatility for broadcasting, podcasting, and music production
– Variable-D proximity control minimizes positional and off-axis tonal shifts
– Integrated humbucking coil and integral pop filters provide virtually noiseless performance
– Unique dual-voicing switch selects from two response curves:
– General purpose curve for voice and instrument production
– Kick drum curve for bass drums and some voices
Microphone Type: Dynamic N/Dym Magnet Structure
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 30 Hz – 18,000 Hz (kick curve) 45 Hz – 18,000 Hz (general curve)
Output Impedance: 150 ohms balanced
Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage, 1 kHz: 2.5 mV/pascal
Hum Pickup Level, typical (60 Hz/1 millioersted field): -130 dBm
Polarity: Pin 2 will be positive referenced to Pin 3 with positive pressure on diaphragm
Case Material: Steel
Dimensions: Length = 216.7 mm (8.53 in) Widest Diameter = 54.4 mm (2.14 in) Body Diameter = 49.2 mm (1.94 in)
Finish: Semi-Gloss Black
Net Weight: 681 g (1 lb, 8 oz)
Shipping Weight: 1503 g (3 lb, 5 oz)
Accessories Furnished: 81715 stand clamp
Optional Accessories: WSPL-2 Foam Wind Screen 309A Isolation Mount