Eventide has long been known for its spectacular effects processors, used on countless records and in live performances. The company has taken that experience and produced the TimeFactor stompbox, featuring twin delay effects geared mainly towards the guitarist, but also completely at home in any studio, professional or project.
TimeFactor has two inputs and two outputs and provides the ability to control two delays of up to three seconds each. These two delays are designated as Delay A and Delay B. Depending on the effect and the input/output connections, the delays may work on independent inputs and outputs, or the delays may be fed from the same input and the delay outputs combined.
The unit is easy to use. Each effect has parameters that can be modified by turning any of ten control knobs. The knobs allow for setting delay time, feedback, mix levels and adjusting other parameters that change the sound of each effect. Additionally, certain aspects can be controlled by three footswitches.
When powered up, the TimeFactor remembers what it was last doing and powers up in the same mode, running the same effect, with the same parameter values, same tempo, same system settings, etc. With power off, relays connect the unit’s inputs directly to its outputs.
– Stompbox containing Eventide’s best delay effects plus a Looper
– Twin delays with up to three seconds of delay each
– Twenty user presets with instant access to any two presets (only one effect can be active at a time)
– Tap tempo and MIDI clock sync
– Mono or stereo operation
– Real-time control with ten knobs
– Inputs for an optional Expression Pedal and Aux Switch provides external control
– Support for instrument and line level connectivity
– True analog bypass
– Extensive MIDI functionality
– Bright, easy-to-read “Billboard Display”
– Rugged cast metal construction
– Software upgrades via USB