The RedNet AM2 from Focusrite is a headphone amplifier with Dante compatibility. It features both headphone and balanced line outputs, and allows for monitoring of signals over Dante networks. Your headphone input takes the form of a stereo 1/4″ TRS jack on the front-panel, while a pair of XLR-male balanced line outputs adorn the rear panel, in addition to the two locking etherCON connection points compatible with Dante systems. As such, this unit can provide additional headphone outputs in studio environments, or facilitate monitoring possibilities in education, live-sound, and broadcast scenarios.
Designed to drive impedances up to 600 Ohms, the RedNet AM2 can offer substantial output levels, rendering the unit suitable for on-stage or front-of-house usage. Its XLR line-level outputs sport a software-switchable 0 dBFS reference level of either +18 or +24 dBu. Two prominent volume controls, as well as LED indicators, allow you to adjust and monitor signal.
Furthermore, the RedNet AM2 utilizes digital-to-analog converters capable of handling between 44.1 to 96 kHz with much in the way of dynamic range. It may be clocked internally, or slaved to the master via Dante. As with all products in the RedNet series, the AM2 integrates seamlessly with any other Dante audio-over-IP network components or infrastructure. The unit can be powered either over Ethernet or via the included power supply.
– High-quality stereo Dante monitoring solution for headphones and speakers
– Superior D/A conversion for accurate, transparent-sounding audio
– Headphone amp delivers healthy level to both high- and low-impedance ‘phones
– Separate headphone and line-output level controls
– Line-output mute switch kills signal to your power amps or powered speakers
– Gigabit Ethernet switch simplifies cable connection to a second device
– Mic stand mount and no-slip feet provide flexible placement options
– 3-year warranty
Computer Connectivity: Dante
Form Factor: Desktop
Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2
Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR, 1 x 1/4″ (headphones)
Digital Inputs: 2 x EtherCON Dante
Power Supply: Power over Ethernet or 12V DC power supply
Height: 1.89″ (2.28″ with controls)
Depth: 4.19″ (4.57″ with connectors)
Weight: 1.8 lbs.
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz – 96kHz