The third-generation Scarlett 18i8 is the perfect audio interface for recording engineers and producers who need to adapt to their recording environment, wherever they are.
It offers eight analogue inputs: four mic/line inputs, two high-impedance, high-headroom instrument inputs and four additional fixed-line inputs on the rear. An optical input allows for expansion of up to eight additional channels for larger recording sessions. And with improved A-D and D-A conversion, your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz, vital to helping you perfect your mix.
Scarlett 18i8 features four of Focusrite’s best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound. There’s a pad on every mic preamp to accommodate higher-level signals without clipping.
Scarlett 18i8 offers two extra line outputs over the previous generation, and speaker switching technology for dual monitor setups. Two independent headphone outputs allow for both engineer and artist to monitor during recording sessions, and a pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels – making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
Scarlett 18i8 is designed to stand up to days on the road and connects straight to your Mac® or PC via USB cable. It comes with all the software tools you need to get started: two comprehensive digital audio workstations, Ableton® Live Lite™ and the Hitmaker Expansion.
If that wasn’t enough, Focusrite have partnered with Splice to give 3rd Gen. interface owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting a new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily from your favourite producers, sound designers, and artists. Creators use Splice to make all kinds of music, including chart-topping pop, Grammy-winning albums, underground mixtapes, and cinematic scores.
And as with all Focusrite products, you’ll also benefit from membership of their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts, as well as a three-year warranty, award-winning customer support.
– Sound better than ever with Air on 18i8’s four mic pres
– Plug in and produce with eight line inputs
– Record and play back in studio quality – 24-bit/192 kHz converters
– Super low latency, class-leading drivers
– Two hi-Z instrument input to preserve your guitar tone
– Powerful, low noise, dual speaker and dual headphone outputs, with independent level controls and anti-thump speaker switching
– Expand with eight inputs over ADAT
Connectivity: USB Type-C
Protocol: USB 2.0
Form Factor: Rack Mount (1U)
Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 8
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
Number of Preamps: 4
Number of Pads: 2
Phantom Power: YES
Instrument Inputs: 2
Line Inputs: 8
Analogue Outputs: 4
Headphone Outputs: 2
Main/Alt Speaker Switching: YES (via software)
Digital Inputs: S/PDIF & ADAT input
Digital Outputs: S/PDIF
MIDI I/O: YES
Bus Powered: NO
Included PSU: YES
Ableton Live Lite – The iconic DAW gives you everything you need to get started including instruments, effects and Live’s trademark clip and scene launching for taking ideas further or performance.
Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Artist Subscription with Complete Plugin Bundle – A three-month subscription to Avid Pro Tools Artist and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, with a 25% discount on Avid Pro Tools Artist after the subscription period, or a 33% discount on Avid Pro Tools Studio.
Splice Sounds – Three months Splice Sounds membership with new Splice accounts – offering millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily
• Native Instruments® MASSIVE
• FAST Balancer
• Antares® Auto-Tune® Access – For everything from natural sounding, near-real-time pitch adjustment for getting the best vocal takes, to lightning-fast Hip-hop-inspired pitching for adding a whole new sound to your tracks.
• Softube® Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555 – The modern evolution of the iconic JCM800, brought to you by analogue-modelling experts Softube®. The Silver Jubilee offers everything from warm cleans, through classic crunch, and up to modern high gain tube amp sounds.
• Brainworx® Bx_console Focusrite SC – The preamps that made Focusrite what we are today to your music. No other plug-in offers the unique character of the iconic large format console, with ISA 110 preamps – the origin of the famous ‘Air’ we still hear on Focusrite interfaces today. Bx_console Focusrite SC is a full channel strip, offering EQ, de-esser, compressor, limiter, gate and expander.
• XLN Audio® Addictive Keys – Add beautifully captured piano to your tracks with the choice of one of four professional-sounding models from Steinway®, Yamaha® and the classic Rhodes®. Plug in your MIDI controller and play; instantly be transported to a professional recording studio set up to capture one of these beautiful pianos – right from your studio.
• XLN Audio® Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock – Add the sounds of a pro drummer to your songs easily. Featuring expertly captured samples from a high-end Tama® and Pearl® drums, and Paiste® and Sabian® cymbals, recorded at Decibel Studios in Stockholm.
• Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite – Featuring a pair of meticulously captured digital models of the truly iconic EQ and Compressors which have made the Focusrite name a staple in world-class facilities across the globe. If you’ve kept up with major releases over the last 30 years, you’ve heard Red 2 and 3.
• Relab’s LX480 Essentials – Get four reverbs, modelled on The Hit Factory NYC’s reverb unit, and used on countless hits. LX480 Essentials gives you the sounds of a studio which has played host to names from Springsteen, the Stones and Kool and the Gang, to The Weeknd, Pharell, Katy Perry, and everyone in between.
* All other product names and brands cited herein are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used on this page are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.