Styled in a producer finish, the Genelec 8040B is a single 2-way active studio monitor designed to provide accurate mix referencing for audio engineers, musicians, and producers in project studios, small to medium-sized control rooms, broadcast trucks, or mobile setups. It features a 90W amp driving a 6.5” woofer and a 90W amp pushing a 3/4” metal-dome tweeter, producing a frequency response of 45 Hz to 21 kHz.
A proprietary waveguide enhances imaging, while the bass reflex port extends the low-frequency response. The aluminum enclosure is shaped to minimize diffraction. It supports a balanced input via an XLR 3-pin connector. Room compensation options include high- and low-frequency adjustments. There is a selectable power-saving mode that enables automatic power up/down via a signal-sensing circuit.
The 8040B offers multiple mounting options including threaded holes for compatibility with OmniMount and K&M brackets, and an Iso-Pod isolation stand.
– Compact, versatile nearfield monitor for project studios, workstations, and surround components
– Special low-distortion 6.5″ woofer and 3/4″ metal dome tweeter
– Outfitted with Genelec’s Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) power management system
– Separate 90-watt bass and treble amplifiers
– 115dB SPL @ 1m (short term RMS; peak per pair with music material)
– Free field frequency response 48Hz to 20kHz (+/- 2dB)
– 13-13/16″ H x 9-3/8″ W x 8-13/16″ D (height with IsoPod: 14-3/8″)