The 8381A empowers engineers and creators to perceive every sonic detail, offering true-to-life sound level and dynamics – with the full flexibility of free-standing monitor placement and advanced room adaption.
– Point Source Continued Directivity (PCD™): Premiered on the 8381A, important frequencies are experienced radiating from the same location and in perfect time alignment – creating precise sound imaging, natural soundstage presentation, and enabling the lowest frequencies to be reproduced at their intended source locations.
– New High SPL Ultra-Linear Coaxial Driver: The novel Ultra-Linear Coaxial Driver, fitted in a precision-engineered Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™), is supported by the Quad Midrange System (QMS™) to enable point source characteristics, controlled directivity and precise soundstage imaging at the sound levels needed for main monitor applications.
– Free-standing Placement: Adaptive Woofer System supports positional freedom to achieve ideal placement of the 8381A in the monitoring room, for precise, powerful monitoring in any environment – in any loudspeaker layout, from stereo to immersive.
– Quad Midrange System: The Quad Midrange System has the same acoustic axis with the Coaxial Driver, continues the controlled directivity of the Coaxial Driver in the DCW and offers high SPL. It reproduces low-midrange audio from the same location as the Coaxial Driver to extend the point source further down in frequency. Designed and fully manufactured by Genelec in Iisalmi, Finland.
– Easy System Calibration and Integration (SAM™): Intelligent room adaption, advanced system management, and premium acoustic reporting from Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) software. GLM enables Smart Active Monitors and Subwoofers to smoothly cooperate and create monitoring systems of any size.
– Empowers engineers and listeners to perceive every sonic detail.
– True-to-life sound level and dynamics with the full flexibility of free-standing monitor placement and advanced room adaption – and simple, effortless installation.
SPL: 126 dB
Amplifier Power: Total amplifier power 5926 W (Class D)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 35 kHz (“-6 dB”)
Accuracy of Frequency Response: ± 1.5 dB
Driver Dimensions: 2 x 15 in Bass + 15 in Bass + 4 x 5 in Midrange + 5 in Coaxial Midrange + 1 in Coaxial Tweeter
Dimensions: H 1458 x W 500 x D 694 mm, (view in inches)
Weight: 235 kg / 518.1 lb
2 x XLR Analog Input
2 x XLR Analog Output
2 x XLR AES/EBU Input
2 x XLR AES/EBU Output
4 x RJ45 Control