JBL Control 226CT is a passive 6.5″ coaxial ceiling loudspeaker with a multi-tap transformer designed for voice amplification and foreground music reproduction in a variety of venues ranging from boardrooms to bistros. The low-saturation transformer features a baffle-mounted impedance switch that allows the Control 226CT to be driven by 70V/100V or 8-Ohm power amplifiers (available separately). Each Control 226CT is equipped with a durable 6.5″ Kevlar-reinforced woofer and a 1″ exit titanium compression driver, yielding a frequency response of 74 Hz to 17 kHz, and a long-term power capacity of 150W.
The high-slope crossover network ensures natural midrange tonality and proper frequency distribution to the speaker components. Removable locking input connectors, press-in grilles, and C-ring / tile rail suspension systems contribute to easy installation.
– In-ceiling coaxial loudspeakers with integrated backcans
– Includes press-in grilles and C-ring / tile rail suspension systems
– Consistent 120° broadband pattern control
– Multi-tap transformer enables use with 70V/100V constant-voltage systems
– Foreground music solution with discreet, minimized visual impact for boardroom, reception areas, restaurants, airports, and retail applications
– 150W (600W peak) power handling
– Durable 6.5″ Kevlar-reinforced woofer
– 1″ exit titanium compression driver
– 74 Hz to 17 kHz frequency response (±3 dB), 47 Hz to 19 kHz frequency range (-10 dB)
– 18 dB/octave crossover network with high- and low-pass filtering
– Low-saturation 68W multi-tap transformer with 70V/100V settings and an 8-Ohm bypass mode
– Removable locking 2-pin input connection
– Integrated backcan