The Lectrosonics Venue2 is a rackmount receiver frame that can be used with a variety of transmitters from Lectrosonics as well as transmitters from other manufacturers. Its wideband design offers the flexibility needed in congested RF environments. The Venue2 receiver is a “system” that consists of a master unit and up to six receiver modules and a software interface. It can be used for sound reinforcement applications such as live stage, theater, boardrooms, houses of worship, and more.
The Venue2 mainframe assembly houses the power supply, antenna and RF distribution, user interface and control ports, and up to six wireless receiver modules (sold separately), providing a significant reduced cost per channel with the modules sharing these resources. The built-in RF multicoupler allows up to three mainframes to operate from a single pair of antennas, resulting in an additional cost savings as a multi-channel system.
The mainframe front panel provides an LCD for system setup, monitoring, and troubleshooting during normal operation. The LCD shows RF and audio levels, diversity status, pilot tone status, and transmitter battery status for all six receivers at the same time.
Furthermore, a built-in analyzer scans the tunable spectrum of the receiver to assist in finding clear operating frequencies and presents the results in graphical format on the LCD. Also, a wireless designer software is included that simplifies setup and exposes all features in an easily navigable GUI.
– Up to six receiver modules (not included) can be installed in each mainframe
– Six balanced XLR audio-output jacks connect the Venue receiver to external equipment. By default, pin 2 is audio positive (+). The polarity of each output can be reversed in the LCD setup menus or with the included software
– A serial RS-232 interface is provided for setup and control of a Venue2 system from computers or other devices using industry-standard RS-232 communication links
– Standard USB Version 1.1 port for setup and control of the receiver from computer systems using Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista operating systems
– The built-in antenna multicoupler provides RF distribution for the six receiver modules and a “loop thru” output at the same level to deliver the RF signal to another Venue2 receiver
– The two outermost BNC connectors are provided for use with right-angle whip antennas, cables from remote antennas, or cables from another Venue receiver