The Mackie EM-USB is an EleMent Series USB condenser microphone offering a simple solution for podcasting, live streaming, voice-overs, and vocal tracking. Like all EleMent Series mics, the EM-USB presents an attractive combination of ruggedness, quality sound, and affordability.
The EM-USB utilizes a cardioid polar pattern, which rejects sound behind the mic to yield recordings with less of the room ambience typically found in untreated spaces. A single USB Type-C connection to your host computer handles audio I/O and power for easy plug-and-play functionality, and the 3.5mm headphone output allows convenient headphone monitoring directly from the mic.
All controls—mic gain, headphone volume, and mic mute—are clearly accessible from the front of the mic. The EM-USB includes a tripod desk stand, a mic clip, and a USB Type-C so you can get started right away.
Waveform software, and The Musician’s Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plug-ins with BBD Delay, Eleven Lite, 304E EQ, and 304C Compressor. You also get Tracktion’s Waveform OEM and the DAW Essentials Collection.
– Cardioid condenser microphone capsule
– Built-in USB interface for simple, efficient recording
– USB Type-C connectivity
– 3.5mm headphone output with independent volume control
– Mute button turns off the mic signal while leaving the computer output audible
– Adjustable microphone gain
– Rugged construction
Get Tracktion’s Waveform OEM and the DAW Essentials Collection.
This mixer comes with the exclusive Mackie Musician Collection featuring 23 fantastic plug-ins:
– Avid 304E EQ: Add musical warmth with a treble and bass equalizer with sweepable mid control
– Avid 304C Compressor: Tweak the clarity, balance, and rhythmic feel of music with this optical-modeled compressor
– BBD Delay: Create delay, chorus, and vibrato effects based on a classic guitar pedal
– Black Op Distortion: Add rich distortion based on a classic distortion pedal
– Black Shiny Wah: Achieve the famous classic tones of a respected wah wah pedal
– Black Spring Reverb: Get the twang and space of a vintage amplifier
– C1 Chorus: Emulates a classic chorus pedal
– DC Distortion: Dial up a range of overdriven tones with this Avid custom distortion effect
– Eleven Lite: Get the sound of popular guitar amps and speaker cabinets
– Flanger: Create esoteric sounds with this homage to vintage and modern flangers
– Graphic EQ: Sculpt frequencies with ease
– Gray Compressor: Add warmth to tracks based on a vintage Ross compressor
– Green JRC Overdrive: Get the coveted sounds of a classic IC overdrive pedal
– In-Tune: Keep your instruments in tune with this digital tuner
– Orange Phaser: Create interesting effects with this phase shifter based on a classic design
– Roto Speaker: Recreate the sounds of a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet
– Sci-Fi: Add analog synth-type ring and frequency modulation
– Studio Reverb: Create natural-sounding reverb and ambient effects
– Tape Echo: Add vintage analog delay and chorus effects
– Tri Knob Fuzz: Get the Hendrix tone with this fuzz box based on one of the first fuzz pedals
– Vari-Fi: Create the effect of audio changing tape speed
– Vibe Phaser: Add phase-shift and rotary speaker effects
– White Boost: Boost gain without coloring tone