The MXL V87 is a large diaphragm, low noise FET condenser microphone that absolutely shines in the mid to upper range registers. With an outstanding mix of smoothness and clarity, coupled with a low proximity effect, the V87 is perfectly suited for up-close vocal recordings. It’s low-noise, transformerless output also make it an excellent choice for detailed stringed instruments and piano recordings. V87’s sound quality and solid construction make this a valuable addition to your microphone collection.
– Large diaphragm for a wide frequency response
– Outstanding mix of smoothness and clarity
– Very low proximity effect; great for up-close recording
– Excellent for acoustic guitars and pianos
– Solid-state design for low noise and reliability
Pressure gradient condenser microphone
6 micron gold-sputtered
20Hz – 20kHz
8.5 dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
85.5 dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
Max SPL for .5% THD:
48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
47mm x 190mm/1.66 in. x 7.48 in.