Killer Omnia FM sound featuring 6 AGC sections (5 multiband + wide-band), 5-band, time-aligned limiters, Dynamics Engine architecture, the latest low distortion clipper design by Frank Foti, and a high-quality composite stereo generator. Dozens of modern presets give you an awesome sound straight out of the box. Run studio side to feed your STL, or generate FM composite at the transmitter.
– A new generation Frank Foti-designed Clipper for stronger on-air sound.
– Flexible Pre-Emphasis Switching. This makes it easy to fit VOLT into any existing FM airchain.
– Dual Variable Composite Outputs to feed a main and backup transmitter.
– Variable Pilot Level and Phase let you fine-tune the signal for transmission.
– Adjustable SCA input for additional services, including RDS and specialty networks.
– 19 kHz sync output to synchronize external generators.
– Bass Pre-Clipper – Fully adjustable with Tightness and Girth controls. You’ll have strong, listener-pleasing bass without worrying about intermodulation distortion.
– Adjustable BS-412 Threshold and Processing for full compliance with ITU standards.
– BS-412 and Low Latency settings that can be turned on as needed.
– Automatic Mono “Dry Voice” Sensing – Ideal for FM Analog Stereo stations using extreme processing: it keeps an extra hand on the clipper, to stop distortion when the L+R channel gets boosted by mono signals.
– Low Latency FM mode – lets you fine-tune the tradeoffs between processor latency and ultra-high quality.
– Stereo Enhancement for FM Analog, without Adding Multipath – You’ll get a wider, more exciting signal that jumps out of the radio.
– Optional expansion module to support Kantar watermarking.
– MIB2 compliant SNMP support.
Frequency Response: User selection of flat, 50 µs, or 75 µs pre-emphasis curve within ± 0.50 dB, 30 Hz to 15 kHz.
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Audio >95 dB analog, >120 dB digital I/O.
System Distortion: Less than 0.01% THD, 20 Hz – 7.5 kHz (second harmonic distortion above 7.5 kHz is not audible in the FM system).
Latency: 16ms nominal, +-0.5ms depending on IO selection. Low Latency FM version 10ms
Input / Output:
Composite: Output impedance 75Ω, single-ended and floating over chassis ground. BNC connectors with EMI suppression. Maximum cable 100’ / 30M RG-58U.
Output level: Separately adjustable for each of two outputs, 0V – 10V in 0.05V steps.
Pilot Level: Adjustable from 4.0% to 12.0% in 0.1% steps and OFF. Pilot Stability: 19 kHz, ± 0.5 Hz. S/N: -85 dB typical, 75 μS de-emphasized across 15 kHz, at 100% modulation Distortion: 65 dB, 30 Hz – 15 kHz. Linear Crosstalk: > -80 dB, main to sub or sub to main channel @ 100%. Non-linear Crosstalk: > -80 dB, main to sub or sub to main @ 100%. 38 kHz Suppression: > 70 dB @ 100%. 76 kHz Suppression: > 80 dB @ 100%. Pilot Protection: > -65 dB relative to 9% pilot injection, ± 1 kHz. 57 kHz (RDS/RBDS) Protection: > -50 dB.
Left and Right Stereo on EMI-suppressed XLR-3, balanced with “pin 2 hot.”
Input: Electronic balanced, impedance 10kΩ, nominal +4 dBu, max +22 dBu.
Output: Impedance 20Ω for >600Ω load, +4 dBu nominal, +22 dBu peak. Converters: 24 bit, 128x oversampled with linear-phase anti-aliasing filter.
Crystal Semiconductor CS5361, 24-bit 128x over-sampled delta sigma converter with linear-phase anti-aliasing filter.
Pre-ADC anti-alias filter, with high-pass filter at <10 Hz.
Delta sigma converter with linear-phase and anti-aliasing filter.
Digital: Stereo per AES/EBU standard, 24-bit resolution. Input locks to any rate 32 kHz – 108 kHz. Output locks to input, internal 48 kHz, or separate external AES/EBU “digital black” reference 32 kHz – 96 kHz.
Audio over IP: LiveWire Audio and control over IP, on the same RJ-45 used for Ethernet control.
GPI: EMI suppressed DB-9 at logic levels, +5 V and ground supplied. Ethernet: 10/100BaseTX.
Ethernet on EMI-suppressed RJ-45. TCP/IP control via HTML-5 internal web server, password protected. Manual addressing and port selection.
SNMP: MIB 2 compliant SNMP support for remote monitoring and control
Power: 100 – 250 VAC, 47-63 Hz. < 40 VA. Typical draw 12W RMS, maximum 15W RMS. Internal supply with overvoltage and short circuit protection. Meets EN55022, EN55011 Level B Conducted Emissions. EN61000-4-2, -3, -4, -5, -6 level 3 immunity compliant. Full international safety approval. CE marked. EMI suppressed IEC male connector. Detachable 3-wire power cords supplied for US and European use. Temperature: 32° to 122° F / 0° to 50° C for all operating voltage ranges.
Humidity: 0-95% RH, non-condensing.
Dimensions: 19” wide x 1.75” high x 16” deep (48.26cm x 13.335 cm x 40.64 cm) including connectors. Unit requires one EIA rack space for mounting.
Shipping Weight: 12 lbs. / 5.5 kg
North America: FCC and CE tested and compliant, power supply is UL approved.
Europe: Complies with the European Union Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), as amended by Commission Decisions 2005/618/EC, 2005/717/ EC, 2005/747/EC (RoHS Directive), and WEEE.