The 5700i offers the proven OPTIMOD sound in a compact, cool-running 1U system at an affordable price. It provides stereo enhancement, equalization, AGC, multiband compression, low-IM peak limiting, stereo encoding, and composite limiting – everything that you need to compete in your market.
More than 20 excellent sounding, format-specific factory presets get you started. Although the factory presets are fully competent “out of the box,” you can customize them with easy one-knob LESS-MORE control or with more than 60 advanced controls whose versatility will satisfy even the most finicky on-air sound designer. If you have created custom presets for Optimod-FM 8500, 8400, 8300, 5500, or 5300, you’ll find that they import perfectly into the 5700i, retaining your carefully designed sound.
Independent Processing for FM and digital radio
The FM and digital media processing paths split after the 5700i’s stereo enhancer and AGC. There are two equalizers, multiband compressors, and peak limiters, allowing the analog FM and digital media processing to be optimized separately. The bottom line? Processing that optimizes the sound of your FM channel while punching remarkably crisp, clean, CD-like audio through to your digital channel audience.
Versatility Doesn’t Stop With Sound
If you choose to use the 5700i’s superb DSP-based stereo encoder and composite limiter, be assured that they deliver an FM analog signal that is always immaculately clean and perfectly peak limited, with full spectral protection of subcarriers and RDS/RBDS regardless of the amount of composite limiting.
The 5700i includes a “ratings encoder loop-through” connection. This allows a ratings encoder with an AES3 digital input and output to be inserted between the output of the AGC, before the analog-FM and HD processing paths split or between the output of the audio processing and the input to the stereo encoder. This keeps the audio level driving the ratings encoder as high as possible, minimizing the number of “low audio level” alarms that the ratings encoder generates.
For our European customers, a second-generation ITU BS 412 multiplex power controller smoothly and naturally complies with the standard.
The 5700i includes a full-featured RBS/RBDS generator at no additional charge. The generator supports dynamic PS. It can be controlled via the 5700i presets and an ASCII terminal server that can be connected to automation to support displaying title and artist.
The front-panel display includes a 2×40-character LCD and LED bargraphs that show all metering functions of the processing structure (Two-Band or Five-Band) in use. The metering is always visible while you are adjusting the processor. Navigation is by dedicated buttons, soft buttons (whose functions are context-sensitive), and a large rotary knob.
Ethernet connectivity is standard, as is an easy to use PC remote control application that runs on Windows XP and higher and that can control many 5700i units on a TCP/IP network. Additionally, programmable contact-closure (GPI) control plus ACSII terminal control via the 5700i’s RS232 serial and Ethernet ports together give you total freedom to interface the 5700i with your facility’s remote control infrastructure, whatever it might be. SNMP support offers yet another way to control and monitor the 5700i’s operation via your network.
To protect your investment, the 5700i can be upgraded to full OPTIMOD 8600Si functionality via a purchased upgrade kit. With the upgrade you will benefit from Orban’s state-of-the-art MX limiter technology.
Audio Processor Quick Setup:
– Like the other OPTIMODs, the 5700i provides a guided, systematic procedure for setup.
Factory Presets & LESS-MORE Control:
– With a selection of factory presets and the simple LESS-MORE Control you can easily create your own signature sound. Orban is happy to help you find the perfect setup for your station.
Four Processing Structures:
– The 5700i features four Audio Processing Structures which are Optimum Five-Band (or “Multiband”; 20 ms delay) for a consistent, “processed” sound, free from undesirable side effects, Ultra-Low-Latency Five-Band (5 ms delay) for environments where talent monitors live off-air and they object to the delay of Optimum Five-Band, Low-Latency Five-Band (12 ms delay), and Two-Band for a transparent sound that preserves the frequency balance of the original program material.
“True Peak” Control:
– “True Peak” Control is available for the digital radio processing with an accuracy of better than 0.5 dB. For typical program material, accuracy is 0.2 dB.
ITU BS-412 Multiplex Power Control:
– A defeatable, program-adaptive multiplex power limiter can unobtrusively control the multiplex power according to ITU-R BS412 standards.
ITU-R BS.1770-3+ Loudness Control:
– Loudness Control is available for digital radio and analog radio processing chains in countries that enforce a BS.1770 loudness limit on digital and/or analog radio broadcasts.
Low-Delay DJ Monitor Output:
– The 5700i offers a low-delay monitor output which takes the audio from multiband compressor output and has an approximate delay of 4 ms. This allows the talent/DJ to comfortably monitor the processed audio off-air with headphones.
10 MHz Reference Input:
– A 10 MHz reference input allows the stereo pilot tone frequency and digital composite output sample rate to be locked to a 10 MHz reference signal (like GPS), facilitating single-frequency-network (SFN) and near-single-frequency-network (N-SFN) operation.
– The 5700i has a built-in full-featured RDS/RBDS generator that supports static and dynamic RDS values.
Bypass Test Mode and Tone Generator:
– A Bypass Test Mode can be invoked locally, by remote control or by automation to perform a broadcast system test or to compare easily original and processed sound. A built-in line-up tone generator facilitates quick and accurate level setting.
– The SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) feature allows you to monitor your OPTIMOD’s status and to send alarm notifications via your OPTIMOD’s Ethernet connection to your network.
Remote Control or front panel operation:
– You can operate and configure the 5700i Audio Processor comfortably via the supplied Windows PC Software. Control is possible over your local network or the internet. The 5700i can also be operated easily by using its front panel and display.
– Via a paid upgrade kit, the 5700i can be upgraded to full OPTIMOD 8600Si functionality.