DJs and performers looking for the next evolution of a standalone controller will be impressed with the Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3, an all-in-one DJ system compatible with the rekordbox and Serato DJ software and features two integrated USB-driven players and a 2-channel mixer with a control-panel layout borrowed from the CDJ-3000 and DJM-900NXS2 series.
The XDJ-RX3 features a 10.1″ touchscreen and delivers a high-resolution 1280:800 (WXGA), increased frame rate, fresh GUI design, and a host of new features for easy navigation, quick browsing, and accurate mixing. The system’s new screen also shortens track scrolling time as the browse section features 12 tracks instead of 8. Each deck includes a touch-sensitive jog wheel with integrated graphic display, eight multicolor performance pads, four pad modes (Hot Cue, Beat Loop, Slip Loop, and Beat Jump), and a long form tempo slider capable of ±6, ±10, ±16, and wide range settings. Additionally, each deck offers a reverse direction button, vinyl jog mode with speed adjustment, auto beat loop, and loop slice functionality.
The mixer section features gain trim, a 3-band EQ/isolator, and dedicated sound color FX for each channel. Global beat effects include delay, echo, spiral, reverb, transformer, flanger, pitch, and roll, while dedicated navigation controls allow for browsing and track selection for each deck. Located across the top of the unit are controls for microphone levels and EQ, booth monitor, and master level controls. The system can also be used as a standalone mixer with connections for CDJs and/or turntables. The XDJ-RX3 ships with a power cord, USB cable, and a license for rekordbox dj software.
– A 2-channel all-in-one digital DJ system that combines intuitive hardware with software-style flexibility
– 16 multicolored pads for creative performance potential
– 10.1-inch touchscreen display offers awesome visual feedback for mixing and makes browsing quick and easy
– Nexus-style Quantize, Beat Sync, and Slip Mode provide let you effortlessly achieve polished results
– Spice up your mix with a killer selection of easily accessible Sound Color FX and Beat FX
– Loop Slice lets you carve up loops on the fly and remix them by triggering slices via the hot cue pads
– Supports rekordbox DJ software and Serato DJ Pro software
– Prep your tracks in the rekordbox software or app for to add cues, loops, beat markers, and more
– Dual USB inputs let you load MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, and FLAC files from flash media and mobile devices
– Phono/line inputs let you mix in external sources such as turntables and media players
– Dual mic inputs with XLR and 1/4-inch connectors
– Full MIDI via USB support lets you control DJ software