With DMX, PR&E ventures into modern territory – AoIP networking.
Utilizing a WheatNet-IP protocol-based network and engine, the DMX is the first PR&E console to offer AoIP networking and expansion. This means that you get the speed and flexibility to have a complete, self-contained setup, and the ability to add-on, without the need for an external switch.
PR&E Mix Engine uses RJ45 connectors for all audio (StudioHub+ format), logic (WheatNet-IP-format), and network connections, except for the 2 mic preamp inputs (XLR).
Connections include Mic Preamps Out; 4 stereo/dual mono analog inputs; 4 stereo/dual mono digital inputs; four stereo Program outputs (both analog and digital); 4 stereo analog Monitor outputs (Control Room, Studio, Cue, and operator headphones); 6-port logic GPIO; Engine Ethernet port; 5-Port Ethernet switch to network the Surface, Engine, and three additional devices.
- Standalone production or on-air console with local inputs and outputs
- 5-port Ethernet switch built into PR&E Mix Engine – no need for an external switch
- Control surface sizes for 8-, 16-fader channels
- WheatNet-IP protocol with 1Gb connectivity – any source to any fader
- Bus Minus (N-1) on each input channel
- Four program output busses
- Four event buttons for recalling entire console setups at the touch of a button
- Pre-programmed processing presets for mic/voice
- Control room, studio, and headphone jack (with built-in amplifier w/level control)
- Full EQ functions (4-band parametric with high/low pass and high/low shelving) and full dynamics (compression, limiting, and expansion) on every channel
- Multi-function channel-encoder knob with OLED display on each channel for control of EQ, dynamics, sources, pan, mode, and more
- Talkback and cue functions
- Built-in timer
- Six logic GP I/O ports for network control
- PR&E Mix Engine is configured: 2 mic inputs on XLRs, with all additional I/O on RJ-45 connectors: 4 analog inputs, 4 digital inputs, 4 analog outputs, 4 digital outputs, 2 analog mic outputs, Headphone output, Cue output, Studio output, and Control Room output. There are also 5 ethernet ports that will interface directly with optional I/O Razor Interfaces, and a 1 Gb ethernet port for networking.
- Optional Razor I/O Interfaces can expand the system I/O with 8 stereo or 16 mono in and/or out; available in analog, digital or analog/digital version