The speed of sound: With a barely measurable round trip latency of less than 1 ms*, it’s no wonder Sound on Sound magazine dubbed the Quantum Thunderbolt™ 2 audio interface the fastest audio interface on the planet. Superb high-definition digital conversion and ultra-transparent XMAX-Remote mic preamps mean that your audio will always sound its best—whether you’re recording with or without your favorite plug-ins engaged in real-time.
Every design decision during Quantum’s engineering was made with one goal in mind: blazing fast speed without any sonic compromise. The Quantum-series proprietary Thunderbolt driver was written from the ground up to deliver ultra-low-latency performance while maximizing efficiency. Cutting-edge 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with 120 dB of dynamic range and superior low-jitter clocking, coupled with our ultra-transparent XMAX-Remote preamps, result in superb audio quality with the lowest roundtrip latency of any audio interface available (< 1 ms*).
*192 kHz, 64 sample buffer in Studio One 3.5 on a MacBook Pro 2016, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 running macOS 10.12.5
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
Impressive speed combined with stunning sound quality means that the Quantum Thunderbolt audio interface is an ideal recording solution for any size of studio. With that in mind, we designed Quantum-series interfaces to be stacked with one another for up to 192 inputs and outputs. Need more mic preamps? Connect the PreSonus DigiMax DP88 to your Quantum interface’s ADAT/dual S/MUX ports. Once synced, the DigiMax DP88 preamps can be remote controlled via Studio One or UC Surface just like the onboard preamps.
Quantum Thunderbolt audio interfaces are fully integrated with Studio One® to provide unparalleled control over your hardware right from your recording environment. Launch Studio One, and you’ll find full preamp control, talkback, and speaker switching integrated into your Studio One console. Need to track away from your computer? Launch Studio One Remote on your iPad® or Android™ tablet. Quantum preamps can be also controlled via MIDI in Pro Tools, Logic, or Live so you can save the settings with your recordings.
– Impressive 26-in/32-out audio interface in a 1U rackmount chassis
– Thunderbolt 2 connectivity delivers such low latency, Sound on Sound called it "the fastest Thunderbolt interface on the planet" in mid 2017
– 8 software-recallable Class A XMAX preamps onboard make session recall fast and easy
– 2 instrument inputs also available for recording guitar, bass, keys, and more direct
– Expand your system with 2 sets of ADAT I/O for enough channels to comfortably track entire bands at once
– Cascade up to 4 Quantums via dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for up to 96 channels
– 24-bit/192kHz digital converters deliver amazingly clean sound with 120dB of dynamic range
– Console-style center section includes integrated talkback mic and monitor controls
– Includes Studio One Artist DAW software for macOS and Windows
– Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of awesome plug-ins by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others
Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 2
Form Factor: Rackmount
Simultaneous I/O: 26 x 32
A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
Number of Preamps: 8
Phantom Power: Yes
Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z), 6 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line)
Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4" TRS (line out), 2 x 1/4" (main out)
Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
Headphones: 2 x 1/4" TRS
Thunderbolt: 2 x Thunderbolt 2
MIDI I/O: In/Out
Other I/O: Built-in Talkback mic
Clock I/O: In/Out
Software: Studio One Artist, Studio Magic Plug-ins Suite
OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later, Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, iOS 9.3 or later
OS Requirements – PC: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, Android 5.0 or later
Rack Spaces: 1U
Power Supply: 12V DC 5A power supply (included)
Weight: 6 lbs.