The Rode SMR is a professional-grade shock mount for large diaphragm condenser mics. Featuring a double-Lyre suspension system, the SMR enhances Rycote’s Lyre system by using a smaller inner Lyre to act as a tensioning element.
The SMR’s removable all-metal pop filter provides an integrated solution for plosive protection, that is washable and designed to last as long as the shock mount and microphone. The SMR’s clamping system design utilizes a large surface area, allowing for ample friction and weight handling, without the need for over-tightening of the locking thread. With the load distributed over a greater surface area, the clamping system is designed to better withstand the wear and tear of repeated use.
The SMR’s frame is made from an engineering grade reinforced polymer. Vibration force is evenly distributed around the outer frame via the wide mounting rails, increasing the effectiveness of the Lyre system.
A base nut is also included, suitable for all compatible Rode microphones.
– Greatly reduces handling for large diaphragm condensor microphones
– Dual-Lyre suspension system isolates mic to reduce unwanted noise
– Includes removable metal windscreen
– Constructed from engineering-grade reinforced polymer
– Can be used with most large diaphragm condenser microphones