Compact, rugged, and efficient, the MX401 Four-Channel Stereo Mixer from Rolls is a deceptively flexible analog audio mixer designed to make mobile sound setups and field recording hassle-free. The unit features four channels of XLR audio input and balanced stereo XLR outputs, with all XLR I/O featuring individual mic/line level selection. The MX401 also sports level control for each input channel, master gain control, an extra 3.5mm stereo output for headphones or as an aux send, and 15V of phantom power selectable for each input. Crucially, the MX401 can not only run off of the included 15 VDC power supply, but also on two common 9V alkaline batteries for completely mobile, outlet-free operation.
– Four balanced XLR input channels with mic/line selection
– Level control and stereo pan control per channel
– Balanced stereo XLR outputs provide a stereo feed for monitors, PA system, or audio interface
– Selectable mic/line level for each XLR output
– Flexible unbalanced 3.5mm stereo output for headphones or record send
– Main output gain control with clip indicator
The MX401 features two options for power, including a standard 15 VDC power supply (included) and the ability to run on two 9V alkaline batteries, placed in dedicated slots on the side. This ensures the MX401 can perform well in either a fixed position setup or a mobile setup, such as a field recording system. The unit also comes with selectable 15V phantom power, allowing individual selection of powered inputs.