The Sennheiser EW 500 G4-965 is an easy-to-use rackmount wireless handheld microphone system with professional-level features for enhanced reliability and control. It offers variable RF power, an exceptionally wide tuning range, Ethernet networking for multi-channel setups, and an intuitive interface with an OLED display and jog wheel. The system delivers high-quality, reliable audio to presenters, clergy, lecturers, and performers working in business and educational settings, houses-of-worship, theaters, or on musical stages.
The EW 500 G4-965 includes a true-diversity, half-rack receiver housed in a rugged, full-metal chassis. The receiver’s auto-scan function searches an 88 MHz UHF tuning range with 3520 selectable frequencies available, seeking out a clean, interference-free channel for your audio transmission. The high-contrast OLED display with automatic dimming, along with a convenient jog wheel allow you make quick adjustments, even in low-light situations.
This system includes an SKM 500 G4 handheld transmitter equipped with an interchangeable MMK 965 condenser mic capsule optimized for speech and vocals. The capsule’s pickup pattern can be switched from cardioid to supercardioid depending on the application. The handheld transmitter provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with a selectable 10/30/50mW RF power output for overcoming interference in difficult RF environments. The transmission range is up to 330′.
The Ethernet connection on the receiver supports Wireless Systems Manager (WSM) control software for advanced frequency coordination in multi-channel setups. Up to 32 wireless mics can operate simultaneously in the same space.
The EW 500 G4-965 is backward-compatible with all previous evolution systems. You can mix and match G4/G3/G2/G1 receivers or bodypack, handheld, and plug-on transmitters. It is also compatible with EW 100 and EW 300 systems.
– Up to 88 MHz bandwidth with 3,520 selectable frequencies for interference-free reception
– e965 capsule exhibits extended dynamic response, pronounced presence, and vocal punch
– Ethernet port for connecting to Sennheiser’s Wireless Systems Manager (WSM)
– High-quality true diversity reception
– Pilot tone squelch for eliminating RF interference when transmitter is turned off
– Automatic frequency scan feature searches for available frequencies
– Enhanced AF frequency range
– Increased range for audio sensitivity
– Wireless synchronization of transmitter parameter from receiver
– User-friendly menu operation with convenient jog wheel
– OLED display with automatic dimming, blue sync LED, red warning LED, and dedicated Escape button
– Auto-Lock function avoids accidental changing of settings
– HDX compander for crystal-clear sound
– Transmitter features battery indication in 4 steps (also shown on receiver display)
– Programmable Mute function
– Integrated Equalizer and Soundcheck mode
– Increased protection against humidity and water splashes
– Backwards-compatible with previous evolution G1, G2, and G3 systems
– Sturdy metal housing
– Includes an EM 500 G4 rackmount receiver, SKM 500 G4 handheld transmitter, GA 3 rackmount kit, NT 2 power supply unit, 2 antennas, and mic clip