A perfect music sketch pad with built-In microphones for multi-track recording anytime, anywhere.
Song ideas can happen anywhere. With the TASCAM DP-006, you’ll be ready. Jot down ideas for your songs using this professional sounding multi-track recorders. For extra battery life, you can add TASCAM’s BP-6AA external battery pack.
A user interface that enables intuitive operation similar to cassette MTR: Easy to operate, just like a cassette MRT, with recording preparation achievable in just two steps after turning the device on. A high-quality microphone is already built-in, so there is no need for an external mic.
Each track has a designated knob so that users can intuitively operate each track without having to rely on the screen. SD/SDHC cards are used for recording media, allowing data to be transferred to the computer via USB.
A multi-recorder that anyone can use to easily record their song ideas: Adding the DP-006 to your production setup will increase the scope of your music production infinitely. The music sketchpad can easily accumulate ideas and will capture that melody line as it pops into your head, all in high audio quality, further enhancing your music production.
Flexibility for Music Production: Record to SD/SDHC Card (up to 32GB) With High-Speed Data Transfer via USB2.0. The DP-006 records to widely available SD/SDHC card media (4GB card included). In addition, it can connect to PCs via USB2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the units at any point in the recording process. Files can be used in DAW software for further editing and production.
Quickly Fix/Re-record Tracks with the UNDO/REDO Function: Fix performance errors using the Undo and Redo functions. Instant Undo frees you to try new ideas without worrying about erasing your last take.
File Import and Export by Wav Format: The DP-006 supports file import/export by WAV format. Also, mono file and stereo file are available offering various advantages for example, at first, you import an instrumental song which created by a DAW. Then, your ideas capture by the DP-006. After recording, these ideas can export from a DP, you can be editing and mixing raw song data and recorded data on your DAW.
Track Edit Function (CUT, CLEAN TRACK, etc): The DP-006 provides editing features such as Clone track, Clean out, Silence, Cut, and Open
– Up to six tracks recording (2mono tracks + 2mono/stereo switchable tracks)
– CD quality recording (44.1kHz/16-bit)
– Two tracks simultaneous recording/ six tracks simultaneous playback
– Dedicated stereo master track available
– Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
– 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
– Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 3-positions (Low/Mid/High)
– Two TS 1/4″ mic/line inputs
– INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
– Independent LEVEL/PAN(BALANCE) knobs for each track
– 15mW/ch headphone output
– 128 × 64 dot-matrix LCD
– Four AA batteries operation up to 9 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
– Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
– Can connect to an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
– Tripod screw hole
– Direct locate function by jog-wheel
– Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
– Track edit functions (CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT, SILENCE, CUT, OPEN)
– Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
– UNDO/REDO (UNDO HISTORY) function
– Chromatic tuner and metronome included
– High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
– Backup and restore songs
– File import/export by WAV format (mono/stereo)
– Export stereo master file as stereo WAV format
– 4GB SD card included