Versatile four-track audio recorder for cinema, music, podcasting and any other application. Easy-to-use compact design with a high-performance feature set and versatile audio I/O, all to produce professional content.
Dual Neutrik® XLR/TRS combo jacks support both mic-level and +4dBu line-level. These inputs can accept balanced microphone or line level from Mixers or the FOH console. The microphone preamp includes +48V phantom power and plenty of gain for detailed recordings with condenser microphones, as well as electret type microphones. Using the stereo built-in microphones, you can capture ambient sound of the audience while recording direct from an external console, which is ideal for capturing live performances.
DR-40X allows high-quality recording with its stereo built-in condenser microphones. Every detail is captured from small whispers to loud sounds up to 125dB SPL. These built-in microphones are adjustable unidirectional microphones for recording in an X-Y pattern for tight stereo imaging, or in an A-B pattern for a more ambient recording.
The layout of the DR-40X has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away.
dr-40x uses only three AA batteries and has ultra-long battery capability. When using built-in microphones, recording lasts 17.5 hours when recording with standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries. Also dr-40x can be powered by a USB mobile battery as well for super long extended use.
Connecting to a PC using USB Audio interface mode, and DR-40X becomes a tool for voiceover work, live streaming and songwriting with studio-quality audio. Built-in microphones work as USB microphones.
– High-quality unidirectional stereo condenser microphones that can record in A-B and X-Y positions
– XLR/TRS inputs compatible with +4dBu line level / +48V
– 4-channel mode that can be used for dual recording and nondestructive overdub recording, etc.
– Support multiple languages for menu (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
– Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
– Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
– Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
– MS decoding function making it possible to use M-S microphones
– Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wired remote control can be connected
– Long-time operation of maximum 18 hours is possible using just the internal batteries
– Reverb effect
– Auto recording function
– Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
– Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level
– Self timer recording function
– Seamless gain control
– Low-cut filter with three levels (40/80/120Hz)
– Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
– Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
– Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
– Divide/delete functions
– Loop/repeat playback function that is convention for practicing music and studying languages
– Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
– Jump-back playback function that skips back a preset number of seconds during playback
– QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
– High-quality 24-bit/96kHz WAV/BWF linear PCM and MP3
– SD/ SDHC/ SDXC (up to 128GB) can be used for recording media
– Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track
– Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
– Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
– Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
– When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
– Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
– File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
– The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
– Playlist function
– A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
– Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
– 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
– High-speed file transfer to a computer using USB 2.0
– Powered by 3 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
– Rubber feet for improving acoustic properties during desktop recordings are included
– Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit
In addition to normal stereo channel recording and Dual Recording mode, DR-40X has “4CH Mode” that can record two different stereo feeds simultaneously. The combination of the sources are flexible; recording the built-in microphones along with a pair of external Mics such as close-up and ambient microphones, or recording the built-in Mics along with a balanced line input such as the feed from a mixer along with the sound in the room.