The WA-MPX is an authentic reproduction of the most revered microphone tube preamp that pioneered the birth of rock ‘n’ roll & radio-ready hits. During the golden-era of tape recording, this style of vintage tube preamp became the signature sound in the signal chain of hit recordings including Elvis Presley, Les Paul, and Bing Crosby – and is a sound that is still pursued by today’s biggest artists. With premium components, true-to-original circuit design, and tape saturation control, the WA-MPX authentically reproduces all the analog tone of the original to bring vintage warmth & color to your sound.
– Authentic Reproduction Of The Most Revered Tape-Era Tube Mic Preamp: The WA-MPX is based on the 351-style tube preamplifier found in American tape machines that pioneered the birth of rock ‘n’ roll & radio-ready hits.
– Power & Versatility For A Wider Range Of Analog Tone: Delivering an impressive 300v of raw power & 90dB of tube gain, WA-MPX achieves clean gain & powerful volume, that pushes the tubes to saturate just like the most timeless analog gear.
– Premium Components & Handwired Construction For An Authentic Vintage Experience: Hand-assembled with three premium tubes per channel paired with custom-wound true-to-spec USA CineMag transformers, the WA-MPX authentically reproduces all the analog tone of the original.
– Selectable, All-Analog Tape Saturation: WA-MPX uses discrete analog components that provide compression, saturation, and non-linear frequency response for authentic tape-era reel-to-reel sound at 15IPS.
– Hi-Pass (80Hz) & Low-Pass (2kHz) Filters to Refine Tone: The 2kHz low-pass filter allows you to further shape and focus your tone, dialing in ultimate midrange warmth & punch. The 80Hz hi-pass filter helps remove unwanted bass noise from unruly sources.
– Hand-Inspected & Tested at Warm Audio HQ in Austin, Texas: Carefully inspected at Warm Audio Headquarters in Austin, Texas by trained engineers & musicians with a passion for helping you sound your best.
Authentic Reproduction Of The Most Revered Tape-Era Tube Preamp
Fully Discrete, Hand-Built Construction With 3 Tubes Per Channel For Ultimate Analog Tone
Selectable Tape Saturation Adds Harmonic Distortion & Natural Compression
90dB Of Analog Tube Gain Per Channel
Custom-Wound, Large-Core CineMag USA Transformers
Mic Input: 600Ω Transformer (6000Ω Rated)
Mic Input With “Tone” Engaged: 150Ω Transformer (1500Ω Rated)
Premium (2X) 12AX7 & (1X) 12AU7 Vacuum Tubes
600Ω Output Attenuator
Engage High Gain Control For An Added 20db (From 70db To 90db) Of Clean Gain For Low-Output Mics And Low-Volume Sources
48v Phantom Power & Polarity Switch
Classic Warm Audio Tone Control That Alters The Input Transformer Impedance Adding Extra Analog Color
80Hz High-Pass Filter To Control Unruly Bass Frequencies
2kHz Low-Pass Filter To Focus Preamp Power & Warmth On Mids For Added Punch
Inputs: XLR Mic, TS Instrument & TRS Line.
Outputs: XLR / TRS Line Level
VU Meter Level Indication
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
Aluminum Faceplate, Steel Chassis, & Vintage Bakelite-Style Knobs
Internal IEC 115v/230v Power Inlet