The SG-192 is the first standalone FM stereo generator capable of passing full AES MPX composite baseband to the exciter, including RDS and SCA up to 80kHz, and is equipped with an intelligent stereo multipath controller that helps mitigate the effects of multipath-induced receiver blending. The SG-192 can be used for translator or repeater applications and is compatible with any audio processor.
This complements Wheatstone’s audio processing line and can provide stereo generation for third-party audio processors that lack a stereo generator or are installed in a location where their stereo generator cannot be used.
The SG-192 offers Wheatstone’s exclusive stereo multipath controller, which helps mitigate the effects of multipath-induced stereo receiver blending in the absence of clean reception. Audio interfaces for the exciter include the legacy composite analog signal (2 separate outputs are available) or Wheatstone’s baseband192 AES digital composite baseband output for compatible exciters. A dedicated 10MHz synchronizing input is useful for single frequency networks, translators, and repeater applications.
Inputs can be traditional analog or AES—plus the SG-192 is WheatNet-IP compatible so it can accept IP audio inputs from the WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network.
The SG-192 can be added at the studio or the transmitter site, depending on the STL in use, and comes with a highly oversampled, low distortion composite clipper. A sharp front panel OLED display makes adjustments easy and the front panel headphone output allows confidence monitoring of the stereo generator’s input signals.
– Dedicated 10MHz GPS clock input
– Highly oversampled composite clipper
– Exclusive stereo multipath controller technology for enhanced stereo reception
– Wheatstone® baseband192 built in for composite AES link to transmitter
– Ethernet-based remote control via 100BaseT Ethernet and rear panel RJ45
– Front panel headphone jack
– AES3 digital input accepts 32kHz – 96kHz
– Precision FM stereo MPX generator with pilot and SCA protection filters
– GUI software interface, for easy setup and control
– WheatNet-IP compatible