The Zoom PodTrak P8 is easy to use and can handle the most ambitious podcasting projects. With all the functions you need to record, edit and mix, the PodTrak P8 is your complete podcast studio.
The color touchscreen interface makes monitoring, adjusting and onboard editing seamless. Everything you need is a touch away.
The PodTrak P8 features six of Zoom’s best-sounding mic inputs, providing pristine audio for
you and your guests. With up to 70dB of gain the P8 can handle demanding microphones such as Shure’s SM7B.
This Call Will Be Recorded
The P8 features a dedicated channel for recording phone calls. And channel six can be switched to USB mode to record your guests via computer. Both options include a Mix-Minus feature to prevent echo and feedback for the caller.
With the P8’s onboard editing, easily trim, split and fade audio clips to produce a finished episode. You can even add background music, or transfer track files to your computer to do a final mix.
It Speaks Your Language
The P8’s touchscreen display can be set to any one of six languages. Choose from English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Japanese.
– 4.3″ Color LCD touchscreen display. Select from English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
– Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
– Six mic inputs with XLR connectors and optional phantom power
– Individual volume sliders, mute buttons and “on air” indicators for each channel
– Dedicated channel for recording remote interviews
– Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback from callers phone
– Nine assignable Sound Pads with four banks
– 13 pre-loaded sounds including applause, laugh track and more
– Six headphone outputs with individual volume controls let everyone hear clearly
– Onboard editing
– 2-input, 2-output USB audio interface
– Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
– Battery power provides up to two hours of use with four AA batteries
– Up to two hours of use with four AA batteries or use the included AD-14 AC power adapter
– Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
– 16-bit /44.1kHz audio in WAV format
– Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth Adapter enables wireless call recording
NUMBER OF INPUT CHANNELS:
Mic inputs: 6 (mono) Smartphone input: 1 (stereo)
NUMBER OF OUTPUT CHANNELS:
2 (6 headphones and L/R speaker outputs)
Type XLR jacks (2: HOT)
Input gain 0 + 70 dB
Input impedance XLR:3 kΩ
Maximum input level +5 dBu (@0dBFS)
Phantom power +48 V
-SMARTPHONE CONNECTION JACK-
Type TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING 1: R, RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
Input impedance 3 kΩ
Maximum input level +2.5 dBu
USB Type-C (audio interface and mass storage functions).
• Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
Type 3.5mm stereo mini
Maximum output level 20 mW + 20 mW @32 Ω
Output impedance 27 Ω
Type TRS jacks (balanced)
Maximum output level +5.5 dBu
Output impedance 320 Ω
Power supply connector for AD-14
WAV 44.1kHz, 16-bit, mono/stereo
4–32 GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification (class 10 or higher), 64–512 GB cards compatible with the SDXC specification (class 10 or higher)
44.1 kHz、16-bit、6 in / 2 out
-1.0 dB: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz @44.1 kHz
Equivalent input noise
EIN -124 dBu (IHF-A) @+70 dB, 150 Ω input
4.3″ (480×272) full-color touchscreen LCD
4 AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH) AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14): DC 5 V/1 A (supports USB bus power)
Estimated continuous operation time using batteries
Recording 44.1kHz/16-bit/4ch audio to SD card (when +48 V is OFF and headphone impedance is 32 Ω)Alkaline batteries: about 2 hoursNiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3.5 hoursLithium batteries: about 6.5 hours• The above values are approximate.
295 mm (W) × 248 mm (D) × 61 mm (H)
Weight (unit only)