Designed for musicians, the Zoom Q2n-4K Handy Video Recorder pairs high-resolution UHD 4K video capture with up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio recording. Five FOV (field-of-view) settings and one-button recording enable you to easily capture yourself and/or your bandmates, whether for disseminating to your social media accounts or for reviewing a rehearsal or performance.
HDR (high dynamic range) technology enables you to get correctly exposed shots, keeping your subject lit properly by not exposing for brighter stage lights, etc. The versatile Zoom Q2n-4K records video as MOV files in UHD 4K at 30/25/24 fps, in 1080p at 60/50/30/25/24 fps, or in 720p at 30/25 fps, capturing onto a microSD card up to 256GB at bit rates up to 76 Mb/s.
Its fixed-focus, wide-angle lens has a native 150° FOV and five selectable FOVs for framing wide and close-up shots as you choose. A wide f/2.8 lens aperture produces clear images in dimly lit locations and is augmented by 12 selectable scene modes. Each scene corresponds to a popular performance situation like Concert Light, Jazz Club, Outdoor, Monochrome, and Sepia. An automatic setting chooses the optimal scene mode based on ambient light.
The Q2n-4K’s stereo condenser mics are arranged in an X/Y pattern and can handle sound pressure levels up to 120 dB, standing up to even loud rock stages. An audio-only mode records standalone WAV files up to 24-bit/96 kHz. Audio functions include auto gain, a low-cut filter, a 3.5mm line-in/mic-in port, and a headphone output.
A micro-USB port enables you to link the Q2n-4K to your computer or iOS device (may require separately available hardware) for data transfer or for use as a high-quality webcam for streaming over the web using Facebook, YouTube Live, Twitch, or other popular streaming platforms. The HDMI port can be used for viewing your video on a large display monitor.
The Q2n-4K is powered using two AA batteries (included), offering up to 30 minutes of recording time in UHD 4K, one hour in 1080p, or two hours at 720p. Use the bottom 1/4″-20 thread for securing the Q2n-4K to any standard tripod or to mount the separately available BCQ-2n external battery case.
– Compact 4K video cam with onboard XY microphones
– Capture moments in glorious 4K/30 fps or 1080/60 fps HD
– Lifelike stereo audio complements the Q2n-4K’s hi-res footage
– Wide-angle 150° lens ensures you never miss a moment
– 5 point-of-view settings — capture entire stages or single performers
– 12 preset scenes to cover a range of indoor and outdoor environments — even dark stages
– Stereo XY mics with high 120dB SPL handling put your audience where the action is
– Conveniently share clips directly to YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and more
– Support for microSDXC cards up to 256GB (not included)
– Doubles as a standalone 24-bit/96kHz audio WAV recorder
– Full webcam capability (free driver download required)
– Powered by 2 AA batteries (included) or third-party USB charger (sold separately)
– Onboard speaker for impromptu monitoring
– Audio connections: 1/8″ headphone out, 1/8″ stereo mini input
– Video connections: HDMI micro Type D
– Included lens hood combats glare effects from overhead lights
– Video Resolution: 4K, 1080p, 720p
– Video Format: MOV (MPEG-4)
– Lens: 150° Wide-angle F2.8/15.2mm
– Audio Resolution: Up to 24-bit/96kHz (WAV)
– Storage Format: MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC (up to 256 GB)
– Display Size: 1.77″ LCD
– Connectivity: USB Micro-B, micro HDMI, 1/8″
– Features: Standard Tripod Mount
– Power Supply: USB bus power / 2 x AA batteries / Zoom AD-17 AC adapter