The U-44 from Zoom is a compact, 4-in/4-out audio interface with 48V phantom power that provides all of the essential tools you need for recording and performing high-resolution, 24-bit/96 kHz audio anywhere you go. It can be used to connect to your Mac or Windows computer, or iPad* via USB, to record with mics, instruments, and more.
The U-44 interface uses the same high-quality, low-noise preamps as the Zoom H5 and H6 handy recorders. It features two TRS/XLR combo jacks for inputs, in/out S/PDIF Optical Toslink and S/PDIF Coaxial on RCA, MIDI In/Out, two TRS 1/4″ unbalanced jack outputs, RCA line-level outputs and a standard stereo headphone jack. In addition, it is powered by two AA batteries, providing up to four hours of continuous operation with phantom power turned off. The U-44 includes a download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite software to get you started right away.
Purchasers can also register for a free download of a special version of Pro Tools | First, which contains a valuable collection of twenty-one AAX audio software plug-ins.
– 4-channel USB recording interface for Mac, Windows, and iPad (via Camera Connection Kit)
– 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs include the microphone preamps from the H6 (with phantom power)
– Extensive analog I/O accommodates mic-, line-, and instrument-level sources
– Record and play back high-quality audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution
– Connect Zoom Capsules to add microphones or expand your input connections
– Digital I/O supports standalone AD/DA conversion
– Onboard MIDI I/O accommodates keyboards and controllers
– Record for up to 4 hours on just 2 alkaline or NiMH rechargeable AA batteries
– Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
Computer Connectivity: USB
Form Factor: Portable
Simultaneous I/O: 4 x 4
Number of Preamps: 2
Phantom Power: Yes
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (Hi-Z option input 1), 1 x 10-pin Mic input (Zoom H-Series Mic capsules)
Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (main out), 2 x RCA stereo pairs, 1 x 1/4″ (headphones)
Digital Inputs: 1 x Toslink (S/PDIF), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
Digital Outputs: 1 x Toslink (S/PDIF), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
MIDI I/O: In/Out
USB: 1 x Type B, 1 x Micro-B
OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.8 or later (iPad use Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera adapter)
OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 or later
Bus Powered: Yes
Power Supply: USB Micro-B, 2 x AA batteries or Zoom AD-17 adapter (sold separately)
Weight: 0.68 lbs.